Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Moebius Caplet

If nothing else, studying for exams has meant significant progress is made on my knitting. I use knitting to cope with stress, procrastinate, and as bribery for a chapter well learnt. Enter The Handmaiden's gorgeous Moebius Caplet kit. Cat Bordhi's Moebius Cast-On is genius, pure genius. It is also very simple if you just don't try to understand what is happening until you get going and follow the instructions. Exactly.



If you look carefully at the in-progress photo you can see the way that the cable spirals around to create the moebius. This is the second one of these caplets that I've made and both times it has been fun, fast, and interesting. This particular project came home with me from my LYS on Saturday and was finished by Sunday evening! A great last minute Christmas gift if I do say so myself.














Yarn: Handmaiden Grande Godiva (2 skeins) 50% silk/50% wool
Pattern: Moebius Caplet
Needles: Denise US 15 with 40" cable

No comments: