Sunday, July 15, 2007

Eight things

Wow, I managed to make it through my first week as an paid labourer. Hopefully this having a regular job thing will mean that I can settle into a better routine on the blogging front.

Since Sian has tagged me to list off eight random things about myself, I suppose I'll start with that.

1) I am an only child. That meant that as a youngster, I would play board games with myself. Sounds sad but I had fun with it at the time.

2) I only eat one type of food at a time. This is such an extreme subconscious urge that when eating trail mix or another sort of mixed food, I'll eat all of the raisins first, then all of the sunflower seeds, etc until I make it through my portion. As a child, I would eat plain spaghetti and then plain sauce on the side. Even now, unless I force myself to move around the plate a little, I won't do it.

3) I love getting mail. The love extends to all mail that is addressed to me. Even bills make me smile when I open up the mailbox and find them sitting there.

4) When I have something to do that is hanging over like a text book that needs to be read, I'll physically carry it with me at all times. This is true even if I know that I won't have a chance to open it up. It makes me feel better about avoiding it somehow. Case in point. I brought along a business law text to my first date with the other half (he still teases me).

5) I don't really believe in mementos or keeping things that remind me of the past. I don't attach memories to things and generally see the objects that most people treasure as clutter. I was happy to pass off my baby blanket to a younger cousin when the time came.

6) I have an easier time finding things if my house is a disaster than if everything is neatly put away. I can look at a messy floor and point to the piles that things live in. When everything is in it's rightful and logical place I have no idea where to start looking. Since I try to keep a clean house, this is sometimes a problem.

7) Since I refuse to wear a watch and I am terrible at estimating how long it will take me to get somewhere or do something, I am almost always late. In order to compensate I have set every clock in my house to different times so I never really know what time it is. One is over 30 minutes fast and others are only five. This strategy is also less than perfect since I am still late (I've recently started leaving myself ridiculous amounts of time to do things and that has helped).

8) I love alone time. Although I also love spending time with other people, I get really excited when I know that I get an evening to stay at home alone and just be, ya know?

How did the goals from last weekend pan out? Pretty well in fact. Icarus is finished (FO photos to come when I find someone to take some nice ones) and the mystery stole is comfortably through Clue 2 (I'm ignoring the fact that Clue 3 was posted Friday). I'll post an update on that later this week. I've also started yet another pair of socks. I know there are already two other pairs on the go but I promise these ones are different.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Eeek, done with Icarus? Now I feel sorry for my Icarus.

Susan said...

LOL - I've said it before and I'll say it again: SOCKS DON'T COUNT!!!! ;)

You're already done with Clue two? Oh dear - I'm only about 2/3 of the way finished with Clue one......